The February 14th edition of WWE SmackDown aired live from the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA.
– Bray Wyatt comes out to welcome us all to the “Era of Wyatt.” Wyatt says now that he’s champion, he has more power than before and anyone who stands in his way will burn. Wyatt holds his WWE Championship belt in air, and then John Cena interrupts. Cena questions why the fans were chanting “you deserve it” for Wyatt, and says Wyatt is going to have to earn the right to keep the title tonight in their match. AJ Styles interrupts next, and says he should be the first one to get a shot at Wyatt’s WWE Title. Daniel Bryan comes out to settle this, and he decides that Bray Wyatt’s WWE Title defense tonight will be a triple threat match against both John Cena and AJ Styles.
– Dean Ambrose is shown arriving at the arena with his Intercontinental Championship belt around his waist.
– American Alpha def. The Ascension: After some back an forth action early on, the aprons clear and The Ascension throws both members of American Alpha out of the ring down to the floor. This leads to American Alpha climbing to the top turnbuckle and hitting missile dropkicks on both Ascension members. The Ascension tries to come back, but American Alpha shuts them down after hitting the Grand Amplitude on Viktor for the win after a short but competitive match. After the match, The Usos appear on the big screen and tell American Alpha to watch their backs.
– Carmella and James Ellsworth come out to the ring to say a few words, but they’re quickly interrupted by Dean Ambrose. Before Ambrose can make it to the ring, Baron Corbin attacks Ambrose from behind and throws him into some electric equipment.
– Backstage, Daniel Bryan mediates an argument between Nikki Bella and Natalya. Nikki and Natalya get into it and have to be pulled apart, so Bryan sets up another match between them.
– Dolph Ziggler does an interview backstage where he says he’s going to shut down everyone from the younger generation who is trying to take his spot on the WWE roster.
– Mickie James def. Becky Lynch: Becky appears to be working on softening up Mickie’s arm early on, and she rolls her up for more than one near-fall. Mickie gets frustrated and rolls to the outside. Back in the ring, Mickie briefly mounts a comeback, but Becky goes right back to working on her left arm. Becky throws Mickie over the top rope out to the apron, then kicks her off down to the floor at ringside. Becky follows her down to the floor and they brawl around ringside. Mickie mounts another brief comeback, but Becky comes back with a series of kicks and a back suplex for a two count. Becky goes for a t-bone suplex, but Mickie gets out and slams Becky. Mickie goes to the top rope but misses, and Becky hits a t-bone suplex for a two count. Becky blocks a hurricanrana attempt and throws Mickie out to ringside, where Mickie begins selling a shoulder injury. The referee separates them and checks on Mickie. Mickie was faking it and she kicks Becky in the head for the win.
– Women’s Champion Naomi is in the ring for an interview with Renee Young. She says she suffered an injury during her match on Sunday, but that won’t stop her. Alexa Bliss interrupts and cuts a promo on Naomi saying she’s going to win back the Women’s Title next week.
– Bray Wyatt (c) def. AJ Styles & John Cena: Bray Wyatt makes his entrance, and when the lights come back on Luke Harper is standing in front of Bray. Harper beats down Wyatt around ringside and superkicks him. Referees pull Harper back and he heads backstage. The match starts with Cena and Styles going at it. Cena back suplexes AJ and goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but Bray pulls Cena out to ringside and slams him into the ring steps. AJ Styles comes flying out of the ring with a forearm shot to Wyatt on the floor at ringside. Back in the ring, Styles controls the next few moments of the match and continues to work on Wyatt and Cena. Wyatt throws Styles to the outside, and Cena starts going to work on Wyatt. Cena back suplexes him and hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena attempts an AA, but Bray gets out and attempts the Sister Abigail. Styles breaks up the Sister Abigail with a flying forearm on Wyatt, then Cena hits the AA on Styles for a two count. Wyatt hits the Sister Abigail on Cena and pins, but AJ breaks up the pin. AJ brings Bray outside and slams him on the announce table. AJ climbs up on the fan barricade and jumps off with a splash on Bray on the table, but the table doesn’t break. AJ goes back up to the fan barricade and this time he hits a flying leg drop on Bray and they go through the table. Back in the ring, AJ puts Cena in the Calf Crusher, but Cena escapes and locks AJ in the STF. Bray breaks it up and lays out both Cena and AJ. Cena comes back with an AA on Wyatt, then Styles hits the Styles Clash on Cena. AJ goes for the Phenomenal Forearm on Cena, but Cena pushes him off the top rope down to the floor at ringside. Cena turns around and walks right into the Sister Abigail from Wyatt. Wyatt pins and gets the three count to retain the WWE Championship. After the match, Randy Orton’s music hits and he comes out to the ring with a mic. Orton stands in front of Wyatt and says even though he won the right to a title shot against Wyatt at WrestleMania, he won’t take it. Orton says he has undying allegiance to Wyatt and he drops to his knees. Wyatt says Orton has the keys to the kingdom, and he holds up the WWE Title as SmackDown goes off the air.
We are in Anaheim, California and your announcers are Mauro Ranallo, Austin Aries, and Corey Graves.
Rich Swann says tonight is a special night for two reasons. First, Rich Swann is back on 205 Live. Second, it is Valentine’s Day. Rich says he wants to do something special for a special woman. He is going to dedicate this match to Alicia Fox. Swann tells Alicia that she can’t handle this.
Match Number One: Noam Dar (with Alicia Fox) versus Rich Swann
They lock up and Swann with a clean break. Dar with a wrist lock and Swann tries to reverse but Dar sends Swann to the mat. Dar keeps Swann from reversing the wrist lock. Dar works on the shoulder but Swann with a back flip and arm drag. Swann with an arm wringer and wrist lock. Dar with a clean break but he tries to punch Swann. Swann flips over Dar and hits a drop kick, sending Dar to the floor. Fox checks on Dar and Swann does some dancing.
Dar gets back into the ring but Swann with a drop toe hold and snap mare followed by a kick to the back for a near fall. Dar with an Irish whip and Dar runs into a boot. Swann goes to the turnbuckles but Dar kicks Swann in the leg and it sends him to the mat. Dar with a snap mare and elbow drop. Dar does some dancing and he kicks Swann. Dar with a butterfly suplex for a near fall. Dar blows a kiss to Alicia and he connects with a European uppercut. Dar works on the arm.
Dar with a double thrust to Swann and then he connects with a head butt. Dar with European uppercuts but Swann with a back slide followed by the round kick and both men are down. Swann with a chop and clotheslines and a back heel kick. Swann misses the double stomp and enzuigiri. Dar with an ankle lock but Swann rolls through and sends Dar through the ropes to the floor.
Swann goes to the floor and Fox blocks Swann’s entry into the ring. Dar drops down on a sunset flip counter and gets a near fall. Dar with a short arm clothesline for a near fall. Dar sends Swann into the turnbuckles and Irish whips him sternum first into the turnbuckles. Swann moves and Dar with a kick. Swann with a jumping rana and Swann with a Phoenix Splash for the three count.
Winner: Rich Swann
We go to commercial.
TJ Perkins is in the back and so is Neville. They are in separate rooms as Corey interviews them.
Corey asks Neville about his comments about TJ Perkins being a bigger challenge than Jack Gallagher. TJ is a former champion. TJ outlasted 31 other cruiserweights but none of them were Neville.
TJ says Neville has glass ankles. TJ says he put the Cruiserweights on the map.
Neville says Perkins got put on the back burner and he will never be on Neville’s level.
TJ says that Neville’s arrogance will be his downfall because he will never be as good as he thought he was. That is why you went from the most dominant NXT Champion to someone who . . . was he even on Raw?
Neville says Perkins will regret what he said.
We go to commercial.
We are back with a video package for Gran Metalik and his match against TJ Perkins in the finals of the CWC. Metalik says that TJ Perkins is a good wrestler, but he felt disappointed that he lost the tournament. He says he is here to show that he is the best. He says he brings a lot of different moves and he will astound everyone watching. He says he has to take advantage of the situation.
Match Number Two: Gran Metalik versus Drew Gulak
Gulak with a drop kick as the bell rings and he kicks Metalik. Gulak with a forearm. Metalik with a back flip on a springboard move. Metalik gets caught in the ropes and Gulak with a chop. Gulak with an Irish whip but he runs into a boot. Metalik with a chop and wrist lock. Metalik with an arm drag and head scissors. Gulak goes to the floor. Metalik teases a dive when Gulak covers up.
Gulak with a shoulder from the apron and he kicks Metalik. Gulak with a head butt to the midsection. Gulak with a judo throw and he gets a near fall. Gulak wtih a key lock. Metalik with a springboard wheelbarrow arm drag and then he applies an arm bar. Gulak with an Irish whip and goes for a double jump elbow but Gulak kicks Metalik and hits a drop kick to send Metalik to the floor. Gulak gets a near fall. Gulak with a Gory Special and then he spins Metalik around and gets a near fall.
Gulak charges into the corner and Metalik sends Gulak into the turnbuckles. Metalik with forearms. Metalik with a springboard cross body. Metalik with an enzuigiri and hits a springboard plancha. Metalik with the Metalik Driver for the three count.
Winner: Gran Metalik
Akira Tozawa is in the locker room and Brian Kendrick stops by and he says he wanted to sit down with Tozawa. Brian asks Tozawa about being his protege. Tozawa would be Brian’s student. Tozawa can follow his lead and then he can be as successful as him.
Tozawa says no.
Brian assumes there is some langauge barrier. He asks Tozawa if he understands what he is offering him.
Tozawa says he understands, but he does not like him.
We go to commercial.
Match Number Three: TJ Perkins versus Neville in a Non Title Match
They lock up and Neville with a wrist lock and Perkins with a reversal. Neville tries to roll through to counter but Perkins rolls through with him. Neville with a reversal and Perkins with a head scissors and arm drag into an arm bar. Perkins works on the hand. Perkins holds on to the wrist lock. Neville with a drop toe hold but Perkins with a hammer lock. Neville with a clean break but he snap mares Perkins. Perkins with a hammer lock.
Perkins with an arm bar. Perkins with an arm wringer but Neville with a forearm to send Perkins to the mat. Neville with a suplex but Perkins lands on his feet. Perkins kicks Neville and then he hits a head scissors off the turnbuckles. Perkins with a springboard cross body for a near fall. Perkins slides back into the ring and he kicks Neville. Neville hot shots Perkins on the top rope and Perkins falls to the floor.
Neville slams Perkins’ head into the apron before returning to the ring. Neville goes up top and hits a missile drop kick and he gets a near fall. Neville with a kick to the back of the head. Neville wtih an Irish whip that flips Perkins into the corner. Neville chokes Perkins with his boot and Perkins goes to the floor. Neville grabs Perkins by the hair and he hot shots Perkins on the ringside barrier. Neville sends Perkins into the ring and he gets a near fall. Neville with a reverse chin lock.
Neville with a slam and he goes to the apron. Perkins moves and Neville lands on his feet. Perkins with a leaping neck breaker and Neville goes to the floor. Perkins with a springboard drop kick and he sends Neville back into the ring. Perkins with a springboard DDT and he gets a near fall. Perkins works on the shoulder. Perkins floats over into a cross arm breaker but Neville rolls through and gets a near fall. Neville picks up Perkins and hits a sit out power bomb. Both men are down.
Neville and Perkins with forearms. Neville with the advantage but Perkins gets Neville on his shoulders. Neville with a kick to the shoulder. Perkins with a kick to the head and an elbow into the corner. Perkins goes up top but Neville goes up top and he goes for a superplex. Perkins blocks it and Perkins sends Neville to the mat. Perkins goes for a rana off the turnbuckles and Neville blocks it. Perkins with a rollup for a near fall.
Neville drops Perkins arm on the top rope. Neville with an enzuigiri and he applies the arm bar submission and Perkins taps out.
After the match, Jack Gallagher makes his way to the ring and he has a purpose. Neville kicks Gallagher as he enters the ring. Neville tosses the umbrella up the ramp. Gallagher with European uppercut and a head butt. Neville leaves the ring.
We go to credits.
WWE Raw 11/12/18 Live Chat and Viewing Party
WWE SmackDown Live and Mixed Match Challenge 11/13/18 Live Chat and Viewing Party
ROH/NJPW Global Wars: Buffalo 2018 Results
Card For ROH/NJPW Global Wars: Toronto 2018
CMLL Marca 11/9/18 Results
Jack Swagger Says He Could Defeat Brock Lesnar in an Amateur Wrestling Match
Video: Hulk Hogan Provides Update on WWE Return
Video: CM Punk vs. Mike Jackson UFC 225 Highlights
VIDEO: Shinsuke Nakamura’s New Entrance Theme
Big Cass Comments On His Move To Smackdown Live
IMPACT Wrestling Taping Schedule in 2019 So Far
It was announced by Impact Wrestling star and producer, Petey Williams, on his Wrestling Perspective podcast that the schedule for...
NXT Star Makes Return to EVOLVE for EVOLVE 117
EVOLVE Wrestling announced the following on WWNLive.com: Darby Allin made the challenge in the EVOLVE 116 recap and it is...
IMPACT Wrestling 11/15/18 Viewing Party
We provide a live discussion for tonight’s show, while you all can comment below with your thoughts before, during & after the...
Reported Details On Why Daniel Bryan Turned Heel
According to Dave Meltzer from his Wrestling Observer Radio show, he reported that the decision to turn Daniel Bryan heel...
205 Live Star Makes Return To ICW For ICW Fear & Loathing XI
It was announced by Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW), that 205 Live star, Noam Dar, will be making his return to...
NXT UK, 205 Live, and NXT 11/14/18 Viewing Party
We provide a live discussion for tonight’s wrestling, while you all can comment below with your thoughts before, during &...