WWE has announced the following:
Football pros, collegiate grapplers highlight WWE Performance Center tryout
ORLANDO, Fla. — Thirty-two athletes, with backgrounds spanning the NFL, NCAA wrestling, mixed martial arts and other sports, reported to the WWE Performance Center today for a tryout.
The tryout, which takes place over three days, will be overseen by Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom.
“Because our next rookie class is already full of experienced in-ring workers and international diversity, this tryout is focused on athletes and entertainers from all over North America,” Canyon Ceman, WWE’s vice president of talent development, said. “We have made a special effort to target both elite football and amateur wrestling backgrounds for this tryout. We hope to round out the next incoming class of talent with a diverse set of world-class sports-entertainers.”
Among the prospects invited to this camp are:
* Blaize Cabell, a University of Northern Iowa heavyweight grappler and three-time NCAA tournament qualifier;
* Junior Aumavae, a 311-pound nose tackle formerly signed with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys;
* Paul Cheng, a former first-round draft pick of the Canadian Football League-turned-MMA fighter;
* Demitrius Bronson, a running back formerly signed with the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks;
* Nathan Redwing, a 290-pound independent wrestler who played football at Peru State College;
* Arkady Unterleidner, an NPC bikini competitor who has trained under Brian Kendrick;
* Brian Waymire, a 6-foot-9 former Division I swimmer who attended the 2013 NFL combine;
* Yaseen Mudassar, a 300-pound, two-time All-American wrestler, who competes in the independent circuit as “Yaseen (The Persian) Machine”;
* Ashley Urbanski, an independent wrestler who was a 2015 Tough Enough finalist featured on last year’s WWE Network competition special.
Author’s Note: Looks to be an interesting line of talents here. I don’t know if any of them will make it, but I wish them the best.
WWE Raw 2/19/18 Live Chat and Viewing Party
Hey there Wrestling Fans, Welcome to the WWE Raw VP, the home of the best news about whatever your heart...
EVOLVE 100 and 101 Results Including Appearances From Lucha Underground Star and NXT General Manager
Here are the results of EVOLVE 100 and 101 from February 17 to February 18, 2018. EVOLVE 100: Darby Allin...
Two Matches Confirmed For Tonight’s Episode of Monday Night RAW
WWE announced the following on their website: For the first time ever, seven Superstars will compete inside the Elimination Chamber...
Former 205 Live Star Making Debut For The Crash in March
It was announced by The Crash from their Facebook and Twitter account that former 205 Live star, Rich Swann, will...
The Crash Lucha Libre 2/16/18 Results Including Appearance From Lucha Underground Star
Here are the results from The Crash Lucha Libre on February 16, 2018: Búfalo Ayala, Mirage & Último Maldito defeated Cardenal...
WWE Confirms Return of All Dual Brand PPVs After Wrestlemania 34
It was announced by WWE that after Wrestlemania 34, the dual brand PPVs will be back going forward for all...
RPW At Our Best 2018 Results
Here are the results of RPW’s At Our Best on February 15, 2018: Charli Evans defeated Veda Scott Tyler Bate...
WWE Signs Former German Master Grappler
WWE announced the following: A new and dangerous gladiator has entered the ranks of the WWE Performance Center. Nicolai Salchow...
NXT 2/14/18 Review: The Pirate Princess Wants Vengeance
NXT on February 14, 2018, was a good show that is building up characters, storylines, and feuds down the road....
Card for NJPW Raising an Army Anniversary 2018
On March 6, NJPW presents Raising an Army Anniversary as they will celebrate 46 years of the company’s existence where...